SAN DIEGO -- A local man who was nearly killed while trying to take a selfie with a rattlesnake racked up a whopping $150,000 hospital bill.
Doctors depleted the anti-venom stash at two different hospitals to treat Todd Fassler, who as it turns out once had a pet rattlesnake of his own. He sent us video he says shows him setting his snake free.
Fassler said he had the rattlesnake for more than a year but let it go because he thinks animal services would appreciate it.
- Man's ordeal stirs debate on cost of treating rattlesnake bites
- The little-known effects of rattlesnake vaccination for dogs
- Rattlesnake bite: 'He actually pulled the snake's head off'
- Woman, 84, bitten by rattlesnake in backyard
- $143K hospital bill shocks snake bite victim (Archive/2012)
- $153K rattlesnake bite is everything wrong with American health care (Washington Post)