Officials have about 500 tents remaining for participants in the ‘Resolve to be Ready' campaign

People urged to download the SD Emergency app

SAN DIEGO - San Diego County officials have about 500 free tents remaining Wednesday to give to participants in the "Resolve to be Ready" campaign, which includes an upgraded emergency planning app for Apple and
Android mobile devices.
   
Earlier this month, the county offered the two-person tents donated by Target to the first 3,000 people to download the SD Emergency app – available on iTunes and Google Play -- then fill out a disaster preparedness plan and register their cell phones or email addresses with AlertSanDiego, the county's
mass calling system, according to county officials.
   
"We're asking all San Diegans to `Resolve to be Ready' in 2014, and the improved app makes it easy to keep that resolution," said Supervisor Ron Roberts. "The new version has everything you need to prepare for disasters that affect San Diego, like wildfires, and users will find the new sharing capabilities, notifications and other features very compelling and useful."
   
The upgrades to the app allow users to share disaster plans created in the app with family members and friends, and will send notifications when food, water and other items assembled for a home emergency kit expire. It also offers disaster preparedness information and information on disaster recovery, checklists to help create emergency plans and build an emergency supply kit, county officials said.
   
More information, including alternatives for residents without mobile devices, is available on the county of San Diego website at www.readysandiego.org.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments