LA JOLLA, Calif. - The pain of a man's rattlesnake bite in San Diego is now being felt across the country, and it's not the physical pain.
10News was the first to bring you the story of Todd Fassler, who was bitten by a rattlesnake at the Barona Speedway on July 4.
"He paralyzed my body … My tongue was sticking out, my eyes were to the side," Fassler told 10News.
Fassler was bitten as he was trying to get a selfie with the snake.
While his ordeal hasn't sparked much sympathy, it did lead to national stories published in the New York Times and Washington Post after 10News reporter Dan Haggerty tweeted the eye-opening hospital bill of more than $150,000.
Fassler had depleted two hospitals of its antivenin.
He was trying to take a selfie with a rattlesnake. What he ended up with was a trip to the hospital and one WHOPPER of a doctor bill.