A 73-year-old man with a history of sexually abusing children was sentenced Friday to 240 years to life in state prison.
» Sign Up For Breaking News Alerts» Like Us On Facebook» Follow Us On Twitter
A jury last month found Ricardo Pedro Borbon, a registered sex offender, guilty of three counts of committing a lewd act on a child for molesting a 9-year-old Escondido girl.
Borbon, who had been convicted of similar crimes in 2000, was sentenced to three consecutive 80-years-to-life terms by Superior Court Judge Runston Maino.
On Aug. 17, 2009, Escondido police were called to an auto shop in the 1000 block of West Mission Avenue, where the girl told police a man had sexually assaulted her, Escondido police Lt. Craig Carter said.
The next day, police received a call from a state parole officer who reported that there was a registered sex offender in the area who had cut off his GPS monitor, Carter said, noting the offender matched the description from the previous day's case.
Borbon was arrested in Mexico on Oct. 6, 2010, by Mexican police at the request of U.S. authorities, Carter said. He was extradited to San Diego last September.
Copyright Do you have more information about this story? Click here to contact usCopyright 2012 by City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.