Leak leaves Ramona community without gas
Residents may not have gas, heat for 3-4 days
Last Updated: 350 days ago
RAMONA, Calif. - Residents of a mobile home park in Ramona will be without gas and heat for the next 3 to 4 days after the discovery of a large leak.
Cal Fire officials said a leak was discovered in a 30,000-gallon propane tank at the Ramona Terrace Estates community, located at 1212 H Street, just after 1:30 p.m. Friday.
At least nine residents were evacuated, and Cal Fire officials said the gas leak was controlled and no injuries or property damage was reported.
Cal Fire said about 220 residents will be without gas while crews attempt to repair gas lines.
An evacuation center has been established at Olive Peirce Middle School (1521 Hanson Lane in Ramona).
The sheriff's department will perform reverse 911 calls to provide updates for area residents.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.