Gianni Belvedere opened food business, had 'social media guy'

Company worker made post after Gianni disappeared

SAN DIEGO - Team 10 looked into the background of 24-year-old Gianni Belvedere and found he registered a business on Valentine's Day last year.

Belvedere disappeared following a Christmas Eve shooting at Westfield Mission Valley Mall that killed his fiancee, Ilona Flint. His brother, 22-year-old Salvatore was with Ilona and was also shot. He later died from his injuries.

Team 10 examined more than a dozen public records that show Gianni Belvedere reserved the business name, "La Primavera Specialty Foods" and registered the business as a limited liability corporation in Provo, Utah, on February 14, 2013.

He is listed as an owner, along with his sister, Laura Belvedere, who lives in San Diego. She could not immediately be reached for comment about the business or its location.

There was no record found for La Primavera in a California business search.

The company's Facebook page, created on Feb. 26, 2013, says the business has been in operation since 2007. It says the La Primavera specializes in "gluten free pizza and pastas."

Someone claiming to be the company's "social media guy" engaged with a person who posted onto the company's Facebook page about ordering food. That exchange happened just three days after the double shooting and Belvedere's disappearance.

The phone number listed on the Facebook page has a 619 area code, but no one answered.

On March 30 of last year, Gianni's late fiancee, Ilona Flint, shared a photo of La Primavera food with her Facebook friends.

Belvedere's sister and part-owner, Laura, liked the few photos on the company's Facebook page, as did his uncle, Paul Donato.

Public records show Gianna's business as the only place he ever worked. Last month, a cousin told Team 10 both Salvatore and Gianni worked at Mario's Ristaurante in Lakeside.

Additional public records on Gianni's background were being sought Tuesday.

Autopsy results for a body found in Belvedere's car on Friday in Riverside, are expected on Wednesday, along with the official identification of the man found in the trunk.

Print this article Back to Top