Infant burned by scalding water in Fallbrook: 4-month-old taken to burn center
Incident believed to be an accident
Last Updated: 135 days ago
FALLBROOK, Calif. - A 4-month-old girl was airlifted to a local burn center on Tuesday after she was accidentally burned by scalding water.
The incident, which was believed to be an accident, occurred at about 2 p.m. in the 200 block of Almond Street in Fallbrook, according to a spokesman for the North County Fire Protection District.
According to the San Diego County Sheriff's Department, the baby's mother spilled hot water on the baby while giving her a bath. The mother was using hot water in a pail because she does not have running hot water in the trailer where the family lives.
The baby then transported via Mercy Air to the UCSD burn center with life-threatening injuries.
Child Protective Services has been notified, the sheriff's department reported.
Additional details will be posted as they become available.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.