Hazmat team responds to SDSU after small chlorine leak at outdoor pool

SAN DIEGO - A hazardous materials team was called to San Diego State University on Sunday after a small chlorine leak at an outdoor pool of a residence hall.

The incident was reported at about 11:17 a.m. at 5150 E. Campus Drive near Montezuma Road. A pipe broke, which led to a chlorine leak. Fumes from the leak set off an alarm, according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.

No students were at the residence hall at the time due to spring break. No one was inside the pool and no one was injured.

Crews are now working to repair the leak. One of the residence hall buildings will be closed for a couple of hours while the area is cleaned up.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments