Floor furnace blamed in Rolando house fire; damage estimated at $75,000
Blaze on 4800 block of 70th Street
Last Updated: 126 days ago
SAN DIEGO - A floor furnace sparked a fire that caused an estimated $150,000 worth of damage to a Rolando-area rental home today and left a man and his two daughters in need of interim lodging.
The noninjury blaze in the 4800 block of 70th Street was reported about 10 a.m., according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.
It took crews less than 10 minutes to douse the flames, which burned a section of hallway and caused extensive smoke and heat damage throughout the house, SDFRD spokesman Maurice Luque said.
Investigators estimated damage to the single-story home at $75,000 and damage to its contents at $75,000.
The American Red Cross was notified to help the displaced family members with emergency housing, Luque said.
Copyright 2013 by City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.