SAN DIEGO - Firefighters on Saturday made quick work of a patio fire in Clairemont.
The fire occurred in the patio area of a home in the 3600 block of Marlesta Drive.
Crews knocked down the fire within about five minutes and were able to keep it from entering the interior of the home, according to fire captain Buz Miller.
Miller said the patio area was totaled. Light smoke damage was reported inside the home.
No one was inside the home at the time.
Initial reports indicate a candle was left unattended in the patio area.