Fire breaks out in Chollas View store: San Diego Fire estimates blaze caused $35K in damages

Blaze reported in the 4200 block of Market Street

SAN DIEGO - An early morning blaze caused about $35,000 in damages to a Chollas View store Monday.

The fire was reported after midnight in the 4200 block of Market Street.

Cameras were rolling as San Diego Fire-Rescue crews got to the scene.

A thick cloud of smoke billowed from the store, which neighbors described as a family-run shop.

Firefighters were able to knock down the blaze in less than 10 minutes.

While the outside of the building did not seem damaged, items inside were melted and blackened by the fire.

10News learned that the fire may have started because of discarded smoking materials.

Print this article Back to Top