Electrical fire at Barrio Logan business knocked down

SAN DIEGO - A fire broke out Saturday in an electrical panel at a bayside industrial building south of the Coronado Bridge.

The business, CP Kelco, was evacuated and no one was injured, firefighters said.

"A fire started at 11:18 a.m. at 2075 Belt St. and light smoke was showing through the compressor room," San Diego Fire-Rescue spokesman Lee Swanson said. "It turned out to be an electrical fire in one of several panels. It took firefighters time to isolate."

Swanson said power was turned off and the building was evacuated.

"The fire was knocked down at 12:10 p.m.," Swanson said.

There were no injuries. There was no estimate given for damage caused by the faulty electrical panel.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments