Descanso home destroyed by fire; dog injured
Fire reported in 9700 block of SR-79
Last Updated: 435 days ago
DESCANSO, Calif. - A fire believed to have started with an electrical problem destroyed a back-country home near Green Valley Falls on Tuesday, displacing two residents and leaving their dog badly injured.
The blaze in the 9700 block of state Route 79 in Descanso erupted shortly before noon, according to Cal Fire. The two women who lived in the home escaped without injury, Cal Fire Capt. Mike Mohler said.
It took crews about 25 minutes to extinguish the flames, which also spread to vegetation next to the house.
Firefighters found a dog holed up in the burning home and carried it to safety, Mohler said. The dog was taken to a veterinarian to be treated for life-threatening burns and smoke inhalation.
The American Red Cross was called in to help the residents arrange for emergency shelter.
Copyright 2012 by City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.