Deputies say teen dies in Fallbrook after ingesting unidentified prescription pills
Deputies: Unclear if pills linked to death
Last Updated: 137 days ago
FALLBROOK, Calif. - A 15-year-old boy died at the Fallbrook home of a friend Saturday night, a few hours after ingesting some unidentified pills, San Diego County sheriff's officials said.
Investigators said the boy fell unconscious and stopped breathing, and a cousin called 911 from the home on Old Stage Road around 7:30 p.m.
The boy's name was not released, but friends identified him on Facebook as Martin Campos.
Sgt. Patrick Yates of the Fallbrook Sheriff's Station said paramedics began CPR upon arrival, but the teen was pronounced dead at about 8:13 p.m.
Yates said there were family members and friends at the home at the time.
The boy had told his friend that he had taken three or four prescription pills earlier but wasn't sure what they were.
Yates said it wasn't clear where the teen got the pills or whether they contributed to his death.
The county Medical Examiner's Office was conducting an investigation.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. City News Service contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.