Deputies investigate stabbing at house party in Rancho Santa Fe

Incident occurred in 17400 block of Los Morros

SAN DIEGO - One person was stabbed, another was hit with a sheriff's stun gun and six people were arrested at a raucous house party in Rancho Santa Fe on Saturday.

Deputies said the stabbing suspect got away in the confusion as they arrived just after midnight to a report of a stabbing at a home on the 17400 block of Los Morros, near the intersection of La Bajada, a crossroads just southeast of Encinitas.

San Diego Sheriff's Sgt. Joe Passalacqua said arriving deputies found 200 people at the property and evidence of a bloody crime, although the stabbing suspect and victim had fled.

"As deputies attempted to investigate, a fight broke out between individuals in the crowd and a Taser was used to arrest one person, while four others were arrested for disorderly conduct or resisting officers," Passalcqua said.

Deputies also discovered several intoxicated minors on the property.

A man with stab wounds to his arm was later discovered by deputies at a local hospital.  Passalacqua said the unidentified stabbing victim was pepper sprayed and arrested after he became aggressive with deputies.

After being treated and released by medical staff, the stabbing victim was arrested by deputies.

The suspect in the stabbing remains at large.

The homeowner was arrested, cited and released by deputies for violating the county's Social Host Ordinance, which penalizes adults for providing alcohol to minors.

College student Arron Boyd, 21, was at the party. He came back to the home on Saturday morning to get his cell phone.

When asked how underage teens ended up at the party, he responded, "Um, I think it was kind of we all know each other and it's Thanksgiving break, so it's kind of everyone getting together and hanging out."

He said he had no idea what led to the stabbing outside the home.

"I'm thankful I didn't get stabbed and I'm thankful that none of that stuff happened to me personally," he told 10News.

The investigation of the incident continued, deputies said.

Print this article Back to Top