Authorities are investigating Wednesday whether several overnight robberies are related.
The following robberies were reported overnight in the city of San Diego:
• 7:46 p.m. at Mobil gas station located on the 12800 block of Rancho Penasquitos Boulevard
• 11:58 p.m. at Shell gas station located on the 7700 block of Clairemont Mesa Boulevard
• 12:08 a.m. at Chevon gas station located on 7000 block of Clairemont Mesa Boulevard
• 12:23 a.m. at Chevron gas station located on 7700 block of Balboa Avenue
• 1:37 a.m. at Chevron gas station located on the 11000 block of Carmel Mountain Road
• 1:57 a.m. at Arco AM/PM gas station located on 8800 block of Clairemont Mesa Boulevard
Authorities described the suspect as a white or Hispanic male, 20 to 30 years of age, 6'2" and weighs about 210 pounds. He wore a white shirt, baseball cap and black pants and held a handgun.
USA Gas located on the 12100 block of Woodside Avenue in Lakeside was also robbed. The robbery was reported at 11:29 p.m. Tuesday. The suspect is described as a white male, 20 to 30 years of age, 6'0" and weighs about 180 pounds.
10News obtained surveillance video from one of the robberies on Clairemont Mesa Boulevard. From the moment the robber walked in to when he left, it took about one minute and 10 seconds.
The robber entered the convenience store and first, grabbed a couple of drinks from the refrigerator. He made his way to the front of the store, then asked for a couple of packs of cigarettes. When the male clerk turned his back on the man, that’s when the robber pulled out a gun.
In the video, you can hear the robber say to the male clerk: “I’ve got no problem with you. I’m not [gonna] hurt you.”
As he walked away, he apologized.
Stephanie Duran was working at the Arco AM/PM on Clairemont Mesa Boulevard overnight, which was also targeted. She encountered a man, who appeared to be the same robber as in the other crimes.
“He said sorry, apologized for what he’s doing,” Duran said.
She added that he told her “everything would go good if I just gave him what he wanted.”
It is unclear exactly how much money the robber stole.