SAN DIEGO - Crews quickly put out a fire at the Gordon Biersch restaurant in Mission Valley.
The fire was reported at 1:15 p.m. Sunday in the 5000 block of Mission Center Road.
Firefighters were in the parking lot extinguishing a car fire when employee came out of restaurant saying they also needed help.
The fire started due to an electrical short in the freezer/ice maker in the kitchen area. It caused more than $50,000 in fire and water damage, since the restaurant's sprinkler alarms went off.
As many as 150 people were inside the restaurant at the time of the fire. All the patrons were cleared out.
No injuries were reported.