Christmas tree at Las Vegas open-air mall goes up in flames early Christmas morning

Faulty wiring may be to blame

LAS VEGAS - Officials say a 45-foot-tall Christmas tree at an open-air mall in Las Vegas went up in flames just after the holiday shopping season ended.
 
Clark County Fire Chief Jon Klassen tells the Las Vegas Review-Journal that crews found flames reaching 100 feet in the air when they arrived at Town Square about 2 a.m. on Christmas morning.
 
Klassen says it appears faulty wiring in the artificial tree may be to blame.
 
Town Square spokesman Jaimesen Mapes says firefighters were quickly able to extinguish the fire, and nobody was hurt.
 
A damage estimate wasn't immediately available.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments