SAN DIEGO - Updates on evacuations for areas affected by this week's San Diego County wildfires:
- UPDATE: As of Sunday morning, all evacuation orders have been lifted.
- The Las Pulgas gate remains closed to all traffic except emergency vehicles. Stuart Mesa Road north of Assault Craft Unit-5 remains closed.
- Basilone Road from Marine Corps Air Station Camp Pendleton to Camp Horno, as well as Las Pulgas Road remain closed. Ammunition Road aboard Naval Weapons Station Fallbrook also remains closed.
- UPDATE: All residents who had been evacuated will be allowed to return home at 11 a.m. Sunday, including those in the Coronado Hills community. All road closures will also be lifted Sunday at 11 a.m.
- Residents of the Harmony Grove Spiritual Association may return but must provide proof of residency.
- These road closures were lifted as of 11 a.m. Sunday: Bella Vitta Way at Attebury Drive, Coronado Hills Drive at Via Del Campo, Bresa De Loma Drive at Crestwind Drive, Country Club south of Harmony Grove is closed to non-residents.
- In San Marcos, residents in the following areas can return home: North of Barham Drive, east of Twin Oaks Valley Road and west of and including South Hill Drive, south of 78, west of Twin Oaks Valley Road through the San Elijo Community to San Elijo at S. Rancho Santa Fe. (the repopulation route for San Elijo will be Rancho Santa Fe Road)
- In unincorporated San Diego County, residents in the Del Dios corridor in and around Lake Hodges can return home.
- San Elijo Hills (east of San Elijo Rd.) is open to residents as of 6 p.m. Friday. Questhaven Hills and Coronado Hills are still evacuated.
- These San Marcos closures were lifted as of 6 p.m. Saturday: Questhaven south of Elfin Forest through Harmony Grove and the area east of Twin Oaks Valley Road along Barham Drive.
- In Escondido, residents in the following areas can return home: West of Valley Parkway, including the community south of Citracado and west of Del Dios Highway, as well as areas north of Via Rancho and west of Felicita Road.
- These Escondido closures were lifted as of 6 p.m. Saturday: The communities of Hidden Hills and Live Oak. Country Club Road from Hill Valley to Harmony Grove Road and Kauana Loa to Harmony Grove.
Note: All Palomar Health hospitals and emergency rooms are now OPEN.
Camp Pendleton (Tomahawk Fire):
- As of 6:45 p.m. Thursday, all evacuations related to the Tomahawk Fire have been lifted.
- (UPDATE 2:45 p.m. Thursday): Evacuation order lifted for De Luz Housing residents, who have been allowed to return home. Power fully restored.
- As of 8:20 p.m. Wednesday, the evacuation order for the O'Neill Heights housing area has been lifted.
Evacuees were taken to Paige Field House, located aboard Mainside. Children evacuated from the De Luz Child Development Center have been relocated to the Fisher Child Care Center on Mainside. Parents can contact the Fisher Child Care Center at (760) 725-0845.
Note: Camp Pendleton personnel in the 14-Area have been ordered to shelter in place.
Carlsbad (Poinsettia Fire):
- As of 6:40 p.m. Thursday, all evacuations were lifted for areas affected by the Poinsettia Fire.
- The fire has burned at least 100 acres as of Thursday morning, but all evacuations were lifted.
- As of about 8:20 p.m. Wednesday, evacuees are being allowed back home. The temporary evacuation center located at Fallbrook High School, 2400 S. Stage Coach Lane, has been closed.
- As of 7:40 p.m. Wednesday, evacuees are able to return to their homes. The temporary evacuation site at El Capitan High School (10410 Ashwood St.) has been closed.
- Rancho Coastal Humane Society in Encintas has space to provide temporary care for 20 dogs and 30 cats. The shelter is located at 389 Requeza St.
- The Escondido Humane Society taking pets evacuated due to the San Marcos fire in San Marcos. Call 760-888-2290 for information.
- Anza Lions Club Gymkhana Arena (off state Route 371) in the Aguanga/Anza area has open pens and an arena, water and emergency services. Call Anna Roepenack at 910-874-3283.
- Fido & Co. Canine Country Club at 1228 University Ave. Call 619-295-9663.
- Cloverdale Ranch at 2460 Cloverdale Rd. in Escondido. Warner Ranch in Pala and Oceanside Ivy Ranch have closed after receiving no animals.
Several blood drives have been canceled. Blood donors are urged to check the San Diego Blood bank’s Web site, SanDiegoBloodBank.org.