2 wounded in drive-by shooting in Southcrest

SAN DIEGO - Two men were wounded in a drive-by shooting in the Southcrest neighborhood, a police sergeant said Sunday.

The two victims were standing outside a residence where a party was taking place shortly before midnight on Boston Avenue near 39th Street, San Diego police Sgt. L. Taylor said.

A carload of men drove by and opened fire from inside the vehicle, which then sped off, Taylor said.

A 30-year-old man was hit in his lower leg, and a 32-year-old man sustained a gunshot wound to his foot, Taylor said. Neither man's injury was considered life-threatening, the sergeant said.

No arrests had been made in connection with the shooting, but Gang Unit detectives were investigating, Taylor said.

Print this article Back to Top