Who has the lowest Halloween candy prices?
Don't Waste Your Money
Last Updated: 42 days ago
A lot of shoppers will be heading out this week to buy their Halloween candy.
If you are buying a bunch of bags, the price can add up fast.
So who has the lowest prices?
Prices Higher Than 2012
You may notice that prices are up this year, due to rising chocolate costs.
In past years, you could often find two bags of mixed Halloween candy for $5. Nowadays, the standard price is two for $6.
So we checked prices on popular M&M Mars variety bags, that include "fun size" packets of Twix, Milky Way, and Snickers. Bag size varies from store to store, so we broke it down per ounce.
- -Ralphs is advertising 36 ounce bags for $8.99, which comes to 24 cents per ounce. You can also buy smaller bags in the $3 price range, but the per-ounce price is higher.
- -Target is a bit cheaper at 20 cents per ounce.
- -Walmart is the same as Target, 20 cents per ounce.
- -Sam's Club rang in at 18 cents per ounce, but you must be a member.
- -Costco is cheapest at 17 cents an ounce, but you must be a member.
Don't forget to check other stores for deals, such as Walgreens and dollar stores, which often try to undercut the supermarkets on candy.
And if you still haven't bought anything, you may have the last laugh: Stores slash candy prices starting Wednesday, the day before Halloween. Choices will be slimmer, but you can often buy half price candy on Halloween morning itself.
And that way, you don't waste your money.
Don''t Waste Your Money is a registered trademark of the EW Scripps Co.
"Like" John Matarese on Facebook
Follow John on Twitter (@DWYM)
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.