Ten minutes could save your life.
Your heart is vital to your health. The silent killer of high blood pressure is a leading cause of death in the U.S. In San Diego, over 3,000 people die each year.
- In 2015, over 20,000 screenings were performed on Love Your Heart Day across the region. Dozens of partners at over 150 sites came together to raise heart health awareness, including over 30 sites in Mexico.
- 80 individuals were identified as having urgent hypertension requiring immediate medical referral.
- 1 out of 2 persons screened were reported as having elevated blood pressure.
- 2/3's of the reported participants were women.
- Take charge of your own heart health and "know your numbers."
- Join 10News and the County of San Diego for Love Your Heart for free blood pressure screenings provided to the public at select sites across the San Diego region.
Take 10 minutes to stop by the county-wide, fifth annual Love Your Heart event on Thursday, February 11, 2016.
It could save your life.
For location information about the Love Your Heart program, visit www.loveyourheartSD.org.
ABOUT LIVE WELL
ABC10, and sister station Azteca San Diego 15, are proud to partner with the County of San Diego on the Live Well San Diego initiative.
Live Well San Diego is an initiative of the County of San Diego to improve health and wellness for all residents. It represents a shared vision that can only be accomplished through collaboration across partners from every sector. This vision calls on every resident to take action to improve their own health, safety and well-being, as well as that of their families and neighbors.
There are three parts to Living Well:
- Building Better Health calls for improving the health of all residents and supporting healthy choices
- Living Safely calls for ensuring residents are protected from crime and abuse, neighborhoods are safe and communities are resilient to disasters and emergencies
- Thriving, currently under development, calls for promoting a region in which residents can enjoy the highest quality of life
Live Well San Diego involves everyone. Only through a collective effort—in which all of us work together toward a shared purpose—can meaningful change be achieved in a region as large and diverse as San Diego County.
Recognized Live Well Partners include health care providers, community and faith-based organizations, businesses, school districts and other jurisdictions, including cities, tribal governments and military or veterans organizations.
Local Action, County-Wide Impact.
Live Well San Diego needs leadership from residents to identify priority needs and make long term change. Organizational leaders and community members gather in the County's regions to plan community improvements and address health and safety needs. These teams serve as a central point for action at the local level.
For more information regarding Live Well San Diego, visit: www.LiveWellSD.org.