THE IMPORTANCE OF LEADING A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
It’s time to enjoy life! Regular exercising gives you energy and a healthy diet lowers your risk for disease and health complications.
THE POWER OF BEING PHYSICALLY ACTIVE
Being active makes you feel good, and offers many health benefits for people of all ages. Your energy level increases and improves sleep quality so you can feel energized all day long. Exercise improves your mood, and reduces stress, anxiety and depression. Physical activity is your best defense against disease and illness by reducing risk for high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke, type 2 Diabetes and more.
WHAT YOU CAN DO…STAY ACTIVE!!
- Walk briskly for 30 minutes by yourself, with your dog or the whole family.
- Go dancing! Let’s get moving!
- Play with your kids or grandchildren.
- Join a group of friends for a hike!
You can find some tips for adding more physical activity to your day through the following sites:
- Enjoy FREE Open Space throughout San Diego County Parks and Recreation: www.sdparks.org
- Find lots of activities for May through the US Department of Health and Human Services: www.foh.hhs.gov/calendar/May.html
- Or visit SHAPE America: http://www.shapeamerica.org/events/pesportweek/
- Check out the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition: http://www.fitness.gov/
- If you have children go to After School Physical Activity: www.afterschoolpa.com
Run or walk along the water at NTC Park in Point Loma
Saturday, May 30, 2015
Join former Chargers player, Nick Hardwick, as we bring together celebrities and the San Diego community for the 2nd Annual Live Well San Diego 5K. All proceeds from this event will go to the Polinsky Children’s Center Trust Fun that benefits children in foster care. Stop by the autograph booth featuring former Chargers plyer NICK HARDWICK and other current/former players!
- Receive a commemorative Live Well San Diego 5K Shirt
- Race Chip Timing
- Free Drinks and Snacks
- Kids Fun Zone – featuring games and contests
Be part of a HEALTHY, SAFE and THRIVING San Diego!
For more information about the Live Well 5K or Enter CLICK HERE
ABOUT LIVE WELL
ABC10, and sister station Azteca San Diego 15, are proud to partner with the County of San Diego on the Live Well San Diego initiative.
Live Well San Diego is an initiative of the County of San Diego to improve health and wellness for all residents. It represents a shared vision that can only be accomplished through collaboration across partners from every sector. This vision calls on every resident to take action to improve their own health, safety and well-being, as well as that of their families and neighbors.
There are three parts to Living Well:
- Building Better Health calls for improving the health of all residents and supporting healthy choices
- Living Safely calls for ensuring residents are protected from crime and abuse, neighborhoods are safe and communities are resilient to disasters and emergencies
- Thriving, currently under development, calls for promoting a region in which residents can enjoy the highest quality of life
Live Well San Diego involves everyone. Only through a collective effort—in which all of us work together toward a shared purpose—can meaningful change be achieved in a region as large and diverse as San Diego County.
Recognized Live Well Partners include health care providers, community and faith-based organizations, businesses, school districts and other jurisdictions, including cities, tribal governments and military or veterans organizations.
Local Action, County-Wide Impact.
Live Well San Diego needs leadership from residents to identify priority needs and make long term change. Organizational leaders and community members gather in the County's regions to plan community improvements and address health and safety needs. These teams serve as a central point for action at the local level.
For more information regarding Live Well San Diego, visit: www.LiveWellSD.org.