ABC10 & Azteca San Diego are proud to launch the second annual Month of a Million Meals campaign with Feeding America San Diego and the county's Live Well San Diego program. Our goal is to raise 1 million meals for San Diego families in need during this holiday season. The campaign will run from Saturday, Nov. 22, through the end of the year. This is our second year participating in this campaign and we hope everyone will get involved. Here is information about Month of a Million Meals and how you can help San Diego families in need:
- Donate: One in six people, including one in four children, struggle with hunger in San Diego County. For every dollar you donate, Feeding America San Diego will provide six meals for a family in need. You can make a donation by clicking HERE.
- Phone Banks: We will hold two phone banks on 10News in December for donations. The first will take place Dec. 2, the second on Dec. 18. Both will run from 5-7:30 p.m. Please tune in during those times and call the number on your screen.
- Volunteer: Feeding America San Diego relies on the support of volunteers during the busy holiday season to sort products at their distribution centers. Please give a few hours of your time to show your community you care. Visit the Feeding America web site for more information: feedingamericasd.org
UPDATE: To date, Month of a Million Meals has raised $16,494.74 or 98,968 meals for San Diego families in need!
10News thanks all of our viewers for helping us reach our goal of a Million Meals this holiday season!
ABOUT LIVE WELL
ABC10, and sister station Azteca San Diego 15, are proud to partner with the County of San Diego on the Live Well San Diego initiative.
Live Well San Diego is an initiative of the County of San Diego to improve health and wellness for all residents. It represents a shared vision that can only be accomplished through collaboration across partners from every sector. This vision calls on every resident to take action to improve their own health, safety and well-being, as well as that of their families and neighbors.
There are three parts to Living Well:
- Building Better Health calls for improving the health of all residents and supporting healthy choices
- Living Safely calls for ensuring residents are protected from crime and abuse, neighborhoods are safe and communities are resilient to disasters and emergencies
- Thriving, currently under development, calls for promoting a region in which residents can enjoy the highest quality of life
Live Well San Diego involves everyone. Only through a collective effort—in which all of us work together toward a shared purpose—can meaningful change be achieved in a region as large and diverse as San Diego County.
Recognized Live Well Partners include health care providers, community and faith-based organizations, businesses, school districts and other jurisdictions, including cities, tribal governments and military or veterans organizations.
Local Action, County-Wide Impact.
Live Well San Diego needs leadership from residents to identify priority needs and make long term change. Organizational leaders and community members gather in the County's regions to plan community improvements and address health and safety needs. These teams serve as a central point for action at the local level.
For more information regarding Live Well San Diego, visit: www.LiveWellSD.org.