Dog Who Survived Rattlesnake Bite To Face Needs Home
SAN DIEGO -
A 5-year-old pit bull mix named Abby is expected to head home Friday after being bitten by a rattlesnake Wednesday night.
Abby was rushed to the Veterinary Specialty Hospital by her foster family and given two doses of anti-venom.
The snakes fangs penetrated her cheek, just missing her left eye.
Her vet bill is expected to be about $3,500.
Dr. Aleli Camacho told 10News that between May and October she treats an average of two to three dogs per week for snake bites.
Abby will make a full recovery and is now up for adoption through the SPOT organization - Saving Pets One At A Time.
To help with her medical bills or to adopt Abby go to www.spotsavespets.org.