Miley Cyrus blasts wedding cancellation reports

Superstar MILEY CYRUS has slammed tabloid reports suggesting she is no longer engaged to her actor fiance LIAM HEMSWORTH.

Speculation about the couple's relationship has swirled in recent weeks after the singer/actress and The Hunger Games hunk failed to attend any parties together during the Hollywood awards season, instead opting to party separately, and now editors at Us Weekly allege that the couple's heavy workload is driving the stars apart.

A source told the publication, "Liam and Miley are done... Miley put her career on hold to spend all her time with Liam. Now that she is back recording her fourth album, he's not happy. She says she's already over it... Work has put a stress on their relationship."

The false accusations have infuriated Cyrus, who has announced a temporary Twitter.com boycott so she can avoid reading about the fake drama.

In an angry post on Wednesday (06Mar13), she writes, "I am so sick of La (Los Angeles). And sick of the lies that come with it. I didn't call off my wedding. Taking a break from social media. #draining".

It's the second time in a month that Cyrus has felt compelled to address erroneous reports about her romance with Hemsworth - in February (13), the 20 year old took aim at gossip blogger Perez Hilton for claiming that she had been cheating on the Aussie actor with Ed Westwick.

Print this article Back to Top